Product Designer With Focus On User Experience
UX Designer Tradecraft | San Francisco, USA (July - September 2014)
Tradecraft is a highly selective, intensive three-month program for User Experience Design.
Received a scholarship as a Top Female Applicant.
- Trained by Lean UX industry leaders Kate Rutter (Luxr, Adaptive Path) and Laura Klein (Author of “UX for Lean Startups”)
Head of Product, UX Designer Jetpac Inc. | San Francisco, USA (2013 - 2014)
Jetpac Inc. was a Khosla Ventures portfolio company, founded by an ex-Apple Engineer and the co-founder of Houzz.
Promoted to Head of Product to oversee the development of Jetpac City Guides, a mobile app providing travel recommendations by combining image processing, big data and social technology.
Managed engineering team and contractors through a complete product development cycle from idea to launched Jetpac City Guides iPhone app.
Jetpac got acquired by Google within 6 months after launch of Jetpac City Guides.
Jetpac City Guides won the Webby Award for Best Mobile App 2014 in category Guides/Rating/Reviews.
- Featured on the iTunes home page as a “Best New App”.
Head of Marketing Jetpac Inc. | San Francisco, USA (2011 - 2013)
Joined as an intern and became 2nd employee. Was handed the challenge of leading the marketing efforts and built social media presence and blog with 50K-300K monthly unique visitors.
Contributed to making the iPad app the highest rated travel app in the App Store.
Jetpac was featured on Apple.com homepage, in the March 2013 Apple newsletter and nationwide Apple Store billboards.
Initiated PR campaigns and created press materials for publications like Fast Company, TODAY, Mashable, Business Insider, Daily Mail, Huffington Post and many more with a combined reach of more than 600 million unique visitors monthly.
- Hosted online travel community chats and offline events both for our users and for the travel industry to establish Jetpac as leading travel brand.
National Program Manager Red Cross Norway | Oslo, Norway (2009-2010)
Managed Red Cross Youth’s largest national experience based educational programs to increase tolerance and respect amongst youth in intercultural communities.
- Learned what motivates people to do something good for others by managing a pool of 300 volunteer instructors.
- Got nominated and elected to be the Program Director for the National Youth Camp 2010.
Store Manager Bunnpris | Fredrikstad, Norway (April-June 2009)
Headhunted by Bunnpris HQ, a national grocery store chain, on basis of past performance to take on a 3 months project to manage operations and increase revenue for one of their struggling stores.
- Increased revenue by 30% by optimizing merchandising and product placement in-store and reposition the brand to fill a gap in the local market.
Young Professional Trainee Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Royal Norwegian Embassy in Tokyo, Japan (2008)
Selected from a wide international pool of applicants as the sole diplomat trainee for spring 2008.
Worked in a cross-cultural team on communication design creating pamphlets and books to educate a Japanese audience about Norwegian arts and culture.
- Webmaster, content creator and editor of the Embassy website and newsletters in both English and Norwegian.
Co-Founder and Head of Marketing SellOut! Music | Oslo, Norway (2004 - 2009)
At age 19, co-founded and co-managed the record label SellOut! Music, which went on to become one of Norway’s most critically acclaimed indie record labels.
- Managed PR & Publicity for our artists, including music video productions, nationwide tours and TV/Radio performances.
- Label artist nominated for a Spellemannprisen (Norwegian equivalent to The Grammy Award) Best Male artist 2007.
Design Facilitation, Analytics & Metrics, Agile Development, User Experience, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, HTML & CSS, Photography, Content Marketing, User Research & Testing, Storyboarding.
Conversational: Japanese, Swedish and Danish
UN University in Tokyo, Ship for World Youth Program, Japan/Tonga/Vanuatu/New Zealand
Nominated by the Japanese Embassy in Oslo and selected by the Cabinet Office in Japan to be a Norwegian delegate for the The Ship for World Youth program, operated by Cabinet Office, Government of Japan and the UN University in Tokyo.
The global leadership program with 12 delegates from 12 nations took place on a ship that sailed the Pacific Ocean for two and a half months with several official ports of call across the South Pacific and full days of classes and workshops onboard.
- Won 2nd prize in UN University’s research essay competition for paper, “Accountability and Transparency in UN Field Operations.” Received the honor of having the essay received personally by the UN Secretary General.
Bachelor of Arts, University of Oslo | Oslo, Norway (2004-2008)
Major: Social Anthropology & Japanese Language and Sociology
Exchange student to:
- Kwansei Gakuin University, Kobe, Japan 2007 - 2008
- Hokkaido Tokai University, Sapporo, Japan, Fall Semester 2005
- Went as an exchange student to Japan to study how culture influences design and technology.
Bachelor of Arts, Norwegian University of Science and Technology | Trondheim, Norway
Major: Social Anthropology